About me...

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama working very hard to reach my goal of graduating in 2011 to start teaching elementary education. I have been thinking a lot lately about furthering my education, though, and getting my Master's in elementary education. I believe that I am meant to teach: it is something I have been wanting to do since I was in the first grade. I hope to be the best teacher that I can be and to create an atmosphere where the children are excited about coming to school and learning.


About the blog...

By having this blog, I am hoping to gather many useful tools that will help me become a great teacher. I can use it to communicate with other teachers and get ideas for teaching or learn different approaches to teaching certain subject material.
My Teaching Philosophy

I believe that there are several important parts that make up a great teacher. A teacher never stops learning and should use that continuous knowledge in every way possible. Respect is an important part of teaching, even with a class of very young children. Teachers should always be honest, especially to the parents. A good teacher will accentuate the strengths of each student and make that student feel good about himself, and bring out the best in him. Help should be given to each student as needed. The learning environment should be comfortable, fun, positive, and interesting so that each student can learn at his highest potential. All teachers should be creative to keep the students interested and make them eager to learn. Last but not least, I think teachers should enjoy their job! It reflects on how they teach and how the students learn...

Expectations

"A master can tell you what he expects of you. A teacher, though, awakens your own expectations." -Patricia Neal

I would like to be the teacher that awakens each student's expectations. I want to promote self-confidence in each student: every student needs to feel good about himself. I want my students to have that desire to be better at something, and I want them to want to make their parents proud.